Thursday, July 22

Psalm 40:1-4
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the one who makes the Lord his trust.

Perhaps at some point in your life you have found yourself stuck in a difficult place. Trusting in your own abilities and resources, you came up short. God never intended for you to go it alone. In Proverbs 3:5, he calls you to trust in him with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Confess to the Lord in prayer the occasions when you have sought your own preferences by trusting in your own abilities, rather than trusting in the Lord.

God will set your feet on a solid path. Psalm 37:23-24 reminds all, “If the Lord delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.” Trust in the Lord and he will reveal his strength for you and direct your path.

Prayer
O God, I confess that at times in my life I have sought my own private path rather than seeking your way with all of my heart. Renew a steadfast spirit within me and set my feet on a solid path that I might honor you. AMEN

Roger Crites

No comments: