Monday, July 23

To download an audio version of this, click here.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
(11) “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (12) Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. (13) You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

Do you realize that God has plans and a purpose for your life? The plans and purpose are not one size fits all! Have you ever bought an item of clothing that was supposed to be “one size fits all” but it did not fit your all? You are created in God’s image and He breathed life into you! When we place our trust in Jesus Christ alone, seek forgiveness for our sins and are adopted into His family, the Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts so that we can fulfill God’s purpose and plans for each one of us. They are unique for you!

In Micah 6:6-7, God makes it clear that religious sacrifice alone is not enough. (6) With what shall I come before the LORD and bow down before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? (7) Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? Sacrifice and religious rituals are empty and useless without obedience. Are you trusting in your good works or trusting in Jesus Christ alone and are obedient to Him?

You cannot realize the plans God has for you until you seek the Lord with all your heart. No half measures! No occasional visits with God. He wants all of you. I know a person who tells me that she attends church to say “Hi” to God. He is not blessed because we decide to occasionally visit him or slip Him our prayer requests. You will only find God when you seek Him with all your heart!

Prayer
O God, help me see in you the hope and healing that you alone offer to all who trust completely in you. I desire to see you as the one true, everlasting God who has mercy on those who seek you with all of their heart. Thank you that you accept me as I come to you, just as I am. Yet, you love me so much that you have more for me than I can imagine. Create within me a true vision of your holiness and your hope as I walk with you by faith. AMEN

Pastor Roger Crites

No comments: