Friday, August 20

Luke 10:2 The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.

King Jesus…today I pray that the words of this 10 minute with God would penetrate souls and those who have yet to cross the line of faith would be inspired to do it…TODAY! Amen.

Revelation 3:19-21
19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Throughout the week we have saturated ourselves in the importance of continuing to ASK, SEEK, and KNOCK. Often reflecting on the persistence necessary to relentlessly go after God with that which makes us complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28-29). The passage above from Revelation (often referenced…Revelations…but there is NO “S”!) is one that I want to conclude the week with because there just may be ONE person who has been reading and been equipped and yet if you are honest with yourself you know that you actually have not yet fully opened the door of your heart and invited God to come in!

Seriously, this may not be necessary for many reading but “just in case” there is someone going through the motions as a Christ follower I want to encourage you to stop and respond to the “knocking” that God is doing right now!

I feel as though we often “assume” faith on to people because they attend church, listen to a sermon, or even read a few web devotionals each week. That can be so dangerous. I share with students – going to Church on Sunday doesn’t make you a Christ follower any more than sleeping in your garage makes you a car! It often generates a laugh, but the reality is quite true.

Spiritual formation IS a process and at FBCG we are committed to journeying with you. However, in this process there are “times” when decisions are necessary to get us to the next benchmark. Today please consider opening the door and receiving God’s free gift of salvation – His Son Jesus Christ. It is as simple as the prayer below…

Dear Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness.
I believe that You died for my sins.
I want to turn from my sins.
I now invite You to come into my heart and life.
I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior.
In Jesus' name.
Amen.


Bruce McEvoy
Pastor of Family and Serving

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all starts with that turning over of your heart to God. I pray that there is one more child of God calling him Abba today, because of that prayer! I know, for myself, that life is so much richer when I do more than just "call him Lord, Lord" - that I actually LIVE it. (Just like he's not fooled by our BIble-speak vocabulary, He's not fooled by us going through the motions of religious living!) God, help us all to know you, love you, and serve you from deep within a changed heart... amen.