Friday, July 1

Psalm 62:5-8
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him for God is our refuge.

We often talk about a “quiet time” with God. That time is a sacred appointment each day for God to speak to you. The longer you are able to steal away from the cares and pressures of this world, the more you will be able to focus your heart and your hearing on the words the Lord has specifically for you. In prayer, wait patiently on the Lord.

God invites you to come to him with confidence. “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time need.” Hebrews 4:16. Embrace your prayer time alone with God each day and you will grow in the assurance that he loves you and will give you daily direction. God has blessed you to be a blessing to someone he places on your path of life today.
Prayer

O God, when I become anxious about my life and the world around me, draw me back into your sacred presence. May your peace which truly transcends all understanding guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. AMEN

Roger Crites

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pastor Roger for this weeks devotions. You are a blessing in my path of life as I am sure you are to many others. May God continue to bless you and the ones you have in your life.

Anonymous said...

I love reading "10 minutes with God". It draws me closer to God and reminds me that life is good and God cares for me.