Wednesday, June 29

Psalm 118:1, 8, 24, 28-29
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. You are my God, and I will give you thanks; you are my God and I will exalt you. Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever.

In all things God works for the good of those who love him and respond to his call for his purpose. In this day, rejoice and be glad. This is your choice – what you can control.

Regardless of your past, God graciously and generously offers forgiveness and hope.

We live in a fallen world with sinful people. Know that people should be better than they are but they are not. What are some of your expectations and assumptions of other people? Are you unhappy because of how you are treated by others? Do you need evaluate your expectations and create new ones? Joy is in the Lord, not in the circumstances of life

Take time today to reflect and write down the ways that God is working for good in your life. Focus on and respond to what you can control and give over to God all of the relationships and realities that you cannot control. Give thanks that his love to you will endure forever.

Prayer

O God, regardless of how I feel, I choose to trust and rejoice in you. You alone are the one who will reveal your plan and purpose for my life. I will trust, day by day, in your faithfulness to me. AMEN

Roger Crites

No comments: