Tuesday, June 28

Psalm 5:3-4a, 5b, 8, 11
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; you hate all who do wrong. Lead me, O Lord in your righteousness. Let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. 

When you were fully awake this morning, what was the first thought on your mind? How has that thought flavored the rest of your day? Even if you are not a morning person, I want to encourage you to take a few moments to wait before God in prayer every morning. Regardless of what lies before you in your day, praise him that he has given you a new opportunity to know him, love him, and discover his plan and purpose for your life.

Sometime during this day, find a quiet place where you can write down the non-negotiable not for sale values of your life. What are the absolutes that are not subject to being blown away by temptation and the winds of change? You will discover that when you declare before God what you hold close as the desires of your heart, you will find confidence and assurance to awake each morning with the hope of God filling your soul.

Prayer

Thank you, O God, for welcoming me into your presence just as I am. I praise you that you love me enough to transform me into a new creation today by your power and in your grace. AMEN


Roger Crites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to start a day. I find that when I do this, the day goes well, regardless.