Tuesday, January 19

Psalm 119:108
Accept, O Lord, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws.

Begin your time with God today by offering him praise and worship. Acknowledge his holiness, his power and his authority. Ask him to be present to you and to teach you through his word today.


Hebrews 5:12
In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

In this passage Paul is chastising Christians for failing to move beyond spiritual infancy. He is telling them it is time to move from “milk” to “solid food.”
While it is difficult to know exactly what Paul is referring to – it seems likely he is encouraging us to grow beyond dependency on others for our spiritual food – to learn to feed ourselves.
Here are a few questions to consider as you look at your own spiritual journey:

Have I been too dependent, at times, on my church or my pastor to “feed me” with God’s word?
Have I invested equal time and energy in learning to feed myself by personal reading, study and mediation?
If asked, would I be able to teach God’s word to others?

Ask God to use your commitment to “10 minutes with God” to deepen your love of – and hunger for – his word.

No comments: