Tuesday, January 5


Psalm 119:14-16
I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.

Take a moment to thank God for the beauty and power of his word. Ask him to help you focus your mind and heart so that you may understand the truth he has for you today.


Philippians 3:12
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Paul seems to be suggesting here that while our journey with Christ begins with understanding and receiving the gift of eternal life, God has a purpose for each one of us that goes beyond salvation.

Paul eventually came to understand that Christ’s purpose for his life was to bring the gospel to the Gentile world. In what ways have you “taken hold” of Christ’s purposes for your life? What questions do you have about what he may want for you or from you?

Take a few minutes to write out answers to these questions – then close your time with God by asking him to make his purposes for your life clear through the coming weeks.

To receive email updates for the daily devotions, click on Subscribe to Coffey Break by Email

No comments: