Wednesday, January 6

Psalm 119:30-32
I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.
I hold fast to your statutes, O Lord; do not let me be put to shame.
I run in the paths of your commands, for you have set my heart free.


Take a few moments in prayer to “set your heart” on the Lord. Confess to him those things that might keep your heart from being free to hear his word today.


Philippians 3:12-14
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.
Paul knows that Christ has taken hold of him.
Paul also is absolutely committed to taking hold of Christ’s purposes in his life.
But Paul confesses that he has not yet achieved his spiritual goals – he has not yet become all that the Lord wants him to be.
In what ways can you identify with Paul in his admission that his spiritual growth is an unfinished process?
Take some time to reflect – and write down – areas of your life that you know Jesus would want to grow, strengthen or change.


What would you say are the top three barriers or hindrances to your own spiritual growth?

1.

2.

3.


Close your time with God in prayer – recommitting yourself to “pressing on” in the process of spiritual growth.

To receive email updates for the daily devotions, click on Subscribe to Coffey Break by Email

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Ps 119:32-"I run in the paths of your commands, for you have set my heart free." God has placed a very generous and freeing boundary around my life. I feel like I live in a big pasture and can run and play and work and enjoy the life He has given me and know that within those boundaries, there really is great freedom!