Monday, July 22

To download an audio version, click here.

Matthew 28:18-20
“(18) All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  (19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (20) and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Runners feel the tension as they lean forward on their mark, waiting for the starter’s gun to release them to go toward the goal of winning the race.  Are you focusing on the purpose and goal that God has set before you?  Hebrews 12:2 commands us to, “Fix your eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith.”  

Our faith which has its beginning in Him is also completed in Him; he is both the start and the end of the race.  Jesus is the supreme witness who has already run the race as an overcomer through His obedience to His Father.  He has overcome sin and death on our behalf through his sacrificial death and the power of His resurrection.  Jesus has given us power.

Are you plugged into Jesus the power source or have you short circuited yourself by focusing on your limited power?  Prayer keeps us in constant communication with God.

Pour out your heart to God.  There are no magic words in our communication with God.  The only way to know the direction that God is leading you is to faithfully listen and follow Him.

“The giant step in the walk of faith is the one we take when we decide that God no longer is a part of lives.  He is our life.” – Beth Moore

Prayer

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Lead me O Lord and I will faithfully follow you. AMEN.

Roger Crites

No comments: