Tuesday, July 23

To download an audio version, click here.

2 Peter 1:3
“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

Your knowledge of Jesus and obedience to Him will give you a godly life to the fullest.  Are you reading the Gospels?  Do you know what Jesus did?  Are you living your life to the fullest for Jesus everyday?

Start your day with prayer.  Whenever you wake up look in the mirror and recite Psalm 118:24: “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”  Regardless what lies ahead of you in the new day, find joy in the Lord.  Throughout the day have a conversation with the Lord.  A prayer less life is a powerless life.  I have made it a practice to pray Psalm 139:23-24 often during the day:  “(23) Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  (24) See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” When you ask God to search your heart, the Holy Spirit will bring to your mind anything that is not pleasing to the Lord.  Do you find yourself, anxious or worrying about what you cannot control?  Cast all of your anxiety on Lord for He cares for you.  Take a few moments and a sheet of paper and make two columns.  On one side list everything and everyone in your life that you cannot control.  It might be a long list.  You might become angry because you want to control your life.  On the other side list everything that you can control.  Under God’s direction, we are to live our lives based on what we can control and give up worrying about people and things in our lives that are beyond our control.

Listen to the Lord’s leading.  Are you willing to follow?

Prayer

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart that I may trust in your Name.  AMEN

Roger Crites

No comments: