Wednesday, July 24

To download an audio version, click here.

2 Thessalonians 1:11
“We pray that our God may constantly count you worthy of his calling and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.”

What is God’s purpose for your life?  His purpose for you will unfold in your life day by day.  When I have taught workshops on “Knowing God’s Will”, all in attendance thought that there would be one lone purpose that God had for their lives.  The reality is that God often has several opportunities for you to serve Him throughout your life.  Rather than seeking God’s purpose, seek God.  

Jeremiah 29:11-13
“(11) For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  (12) Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  (13) You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

You cannot realize the plans God has for you until you seek the Lord with all your heart.  No half measures!  No occasional visits with God.  He wants all of you.  I know a person who tells me that she attends church to say “Hi” to God.  He is not blessed because we decide to occasionally visit Him or slip Him our prayer requests. You will only find God and know His purposes and plans for you when you seek Him with all your heart.

Prayer

O God, help me see in you the hope and healing that you alone offer to all who trust completely in you.  I desire to see you as the one true, everlasting God who has mercy on those who seek you with all of their heart.  Thank you that you accept me as I come to you, just as I am.  Yet, you love me so much that you have more for me than I can imagine.  Create within me a true vision of your holiness and your hope as I walk with you by faith.  AMEN 

Roger Crites

No comments: