Friday, August 9

To download an audio version, click here. 

Romans 12:12
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” 

2 Peter 1:3
“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”

Help me O Lord, to find hope in you alone.  Forgive me when I place my hope in people and the plans for my life that I believe will solve all of my problems.  Daily I am committed to find joy in the hope alone that you give everyone who trusts in you.  I recognize that this side of heaven I will experience struggles and disappointments.  Life is difficult.  Grant me the grace I need to trust in you during the afflictions of life.  I need to be faithful in pouring my heart out to you every day and wait upon you through prayer.

I know O Lord that in your kindness and power you have given me everything I need for life and godliness.  I pray that the people that you place in my life will see the light and goodness of your glory in me.  Help me believe that you have called me to walk faithfully with you.  Let all who come behind me find me faithful.

Prayer

Thank you O God that you have poured out your love into my heart through your only Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I desire that the world around me can see a clear testimony of your love in my life by my words and acts of love today.  AMEN

Pastor Roger Crites

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the best (maybe the only ) prayer a man can pray to start his day. Thank you Pastor Roger. I know it comes from the right place. I'm ready to go!