Wednesday, August 7

To download an audio version, click here. 

Hebrews 12:3
“Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”

Galatians 6:9
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Too often our focus is on the difficulties of our life and we tend to feel sorry for ourselves.  We forget that Jesus suffered greatly at the hands of his accusers, beaten almost to death.  He willingly went to the cross to pay the penalty for my sin and yours.  He paid a penalty that He did not owe to pay a penalty that we could never pay.  His death and resurrection offers to us the power to live righteous and holy lives here on earth.  Jesus does not give up on us.  He is reaching out to you today, interceding on your behalf.  

God calls us to let His light shine be fore men that they may see our good deeds and praise our Father in heaven.  As we faithfully serve Him, we often feel the oppression of the world bearing down on us.  Do not give in nor give up.  God is counting on you to demonstrate His mercy and grace to a dark and needy world.  Reach out to the people that He places in your path and offer acceptance, forgiveness and unconditional love.  Those are the gifts that God has given to you.  He has accepted you just as you are, offered complete forgiveness and adopted you into His family.  Do you belong to Him?  Live like a child of the King bringing hope into a hopeless world.

Prayer

O God, help me see in you the hope and healing that you alone offer to all who trust completely in you.  I desire to see you as the one true, everlasting God who has mercy on those who seek you with all of their heart.  Thank you that you accept me as I come to you, just as I am.  Yet, you love me so much that you have more for me than I can imagine.  Create within me a true vision of your holiness and your hope as I walk with you by faith.  AMEN 

Pastor Roger Crites

No comments: